Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

#46: GY!BE: Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

At first, I thought Godspeed You! Black Emperor was one of those boring orchestral collectives that try to make boring orchestral uplifting music with the tacky loud violins. I really wanted to avoid this group but they followed me. I had no choice, I had to listen. When I finally heard all 87 minutes of it, I was amazed. I mean, at some times it borders on ambient, at some times it's quite orchestral and at some times, it's eerie. My favorite part of this album was the 14 minute mark in the first part (Storm) where it got all buzzing-beehive drone-like and got REAL frantic. That part (and the album as a whole) moved me, and not many albums can do that.

#45: Flying Lotus: Cosmogramma

Jazzy electronic music. Gotta love it. oh, and I also love how he collaborated with that super-cool bassist. it's hard to say anything bad about this album, it's pretty cool, and has one of the most beautiful tracks ever written on it (Galaxy in Janaki), and also features the vocals of Thom Yorke (WTF?). Who saw that one coming? I never really noticed that until I bought the CD that said "FEATURING THOM YORKE". that was a huge Wha? moment for me. that aside, Give this album a try. 'Tis quite interesting. it's like a cross-over between a Broken nintendo game and Raga-esque jazz.

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 08-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote