Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #315 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

The thing is, I see some incongruity here between gay males and gay females, and forgive me if this sounds like a statement made out of ignorance, but it's really just a mater of my own collective experience and observations.

I think there is much more evidence of a genetic predisposal toward homosexuality in men than there is women. First of all, you see many more cases of the so called "four-year queer" in women, girls who sexually experimented in college, or lived a lesbian lifestyle only to leave that lifestyle to return to a heterosexual one.

Two, our societal norms and cultural conditioning dictate that it is much more acceptable for women to be physically affectionate and sexually intimate with each other without calling any abnormal questioning about their particular orientation.There is also, in our culture, much more of a stigma attached to physical intimacy between men and being gay how that represents their 'manhood', or lack thereof, although that stigma is quickly diminishing.

Three, since I think it's safe to say that over 95% of the perpetrators of sexual and physical abuse are men, then it would stand to reason that some women who have been the victims of sexual abuse would seek to avoid having physically, and sometimes emotionally intimate relationships with a gender that, by regressive association, represents a threat to their well-being, namely men.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote