Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #7567 (permalink)
Violent & Funky
FUNky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
Just like Bungalow said, it is a form of Art that is made to challenge the mind, the psyche and your life's philosophy. If you're too lazy to think during films, don't expect movie lovers to just enjoy films with no content, or just for the "incredible visual experience".
That's also not art's only purpose. We can argue the definition of art all-day but this is Wikipedia's definition:

Quote:
Art is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way to affect the senses or emotions.
I'm not trying to hang my hat on a wiki definition but merely trying to express that art can be interpreted differently by all individuals. Some, like me, may focus on the visual and captivating qualities of film.

By the way, you guys are pretending like my favorite movie is Transformers or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
If you can just replace Films, music and books with baseball, than there's something very wrong on the intellectual level (nothing personal).
Eh, you're selling baseball as a hobby short but that doesn't surprise me. I get more intellectually stimulated by a baseball game than most movies, the artsy ones included...

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote