Music Banter - View Single Post - My Musical Opinion
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Exeggcute :3
Music Addict

Had a two hour car journey this morning which allowed me to listen to a couple of bits and pieces. Think I might report them here, I'm becoming quite fond of both these albums - I haven't had either that long yet:

1. It Was Supposed To Be So Easy
2. Could Be Well In
3. Not Addicted
4. Blinded By The Lights
5. Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way
6. Get Out Of My House
7. Fit But You Know It
8. Such A Twat
9. What Is He Thinking?
10. Dry Your Eyes
11. Empty Cans

A very interesting album - I remember people taking the piss out of the streets back at school after "fit by you know it," and I must admit I initially bought it for the humour value, but it's really not that bad. There are only a couple of songs that I'd actively skip, and it has some absolute classics like "It Was Supposed to be So Easy," "Such A Twat," "Dry Your Eyes," "Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way."

One touch I particularly liked was the way the album essentially tells a story going through his relationship with his girl, from a little before he meets her to the aftermath of his break-up. I found it quite emotional, it really adds a real feel that this isn't just a collection of songs, but a logical progression through the music, which you tend to find in top quality albums.

The style itself is quite grimy, and very individual, not exactly, just talking - but it works. He uses some strange rhythms and phrases which keeps you on your toes the first few times. I'd suggest that if you like the first track you'l probably like the rest of it, but give it a chance, it's not the easiest stuff to get into - but well worth it if you do

Last edited by Exeggcute :3; 08-08-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Exeggcute :3 is offline   Reply With Quote