Music Banter - View Single Post - Official TNA Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sljslj View Post

I saw you mentioned MCMG as some of the wrestlers doing nothing, so I'm guessing you haven't been watching in recent weeks. MCMG and Beer Money have had some of the best matches of the past few years in the past month.
No I have seen them and they are great, but this is what I mean by inconsistent booking.
They do nothing for weeks on end to the point where they even make a storyline about it which is dropped as quickly as it starts, then they're made number one contenders, and then they go back to doing nothing even though they were supposed to be the number one contenders while TNA indulge Kevin Nash & his over-the-hill cronies Hall & Waltman. When that doesn't work out suddenly the MCMG's are bought back and given the titles and all of a sudden they're the best & most important tag team in TNA.

Same with Samoa Joe. He's a heel doing his nation of violence thing. One week he gets abducted. A huge deal is made out of it and he disappears for weeks. He suddenly comes back as a face with the whole warpaint/ nation of violence thing dropped and the abduction angle is never ever mentioned again.

This is the kind of crap Heyman would get rid of if he was bought in.

Quote:
If TNA can continue to book matches like this, they could potentially have near-WWE RAW ratings by next year.
It'll never happen. TNA just doesn't have the fan base or the funds to compete. and while they stay stuck in the Impact zone I don't see them ever challenging. They need to get out & about and film in different places if they're going to even stand a chance against the WWE.

I don't even think they should be trying to compete with WWE anyway. WWE have made the word 'Wrestling' redundant in their product it's 'Sports Entertainment' now, not to mention their insistence on being a PG rated product. TNA should focus on gaining long time fans that hate this direction & want something different, or younger fans who have become bored with the current crop of WWE farm schooled 'superstars' with identikit movesets & zero charisma & boring matches.

They have the ECW vets in their locker room, they should look at what ECW did in the 90s. Gave people honest exciting wrestling of a multitude of styles without silly insulting gimmicks & great storylines. TNA need not to copy that, but adapt that idea to a 2010 audience and come up with their own style.

Quote:
Also, I love Matt Morgan. Imo he's the best wrestling heel on tv right now.
I'll give him credit, he is improving and his recent run with both tag belts was entertaining but while Jericho & CM Punk are around he's nowhere near the best heel.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote