Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #4796 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Tav Falco's Panther Burns - Behind The Magnolia Curtain
Early 80s revivalist rockabilly. Sounds like Pussy Galore, Hasil Adkins & early Fall and is one big glorious chaotic mess.
Boo Boo would be gnashing his teeth with fury at the total lack of musicianship on this album.
But it's a really fun listen.

Azalia Snail - Snailbait
Don't know much about this but it's female fronted lo-fi psychedelic folk from the early 90s. I liked this much better than I thought I would and it sounds much more authentic to real 60s psychedelia than the current crop of bands trying for that sound.

The Avengers - The Avengers
Retrospective compilation of a female fronted punk band from San Francisco who pre-date pretty much every other American punk band influenced by the British punk movement.
They never recorded an album so this is made up of singles and a bunch of demos recorded by the Pistols Steve Jones.
Pretty generic punk, but fills a gap if you're in the mood for it.

µ-Ziq vs. The Auteurs - The Auteurs vs µ-Ziq
Now this is interesting.
In his autobiography The Auteurs Luke Haines says that after touring for so long for the Now I'm A Cowboy album he was sick of it & hated the album. His record company wanted to put out a remix album of some of his stuff so Haines having heard a µ-Ziq album chose him to do it because he wanted the album to sound as crap as possible to reflect how much he now hated it
It's not actually that bad but the songs are totally unrecognisable from the original versions... which is what Haines wanted.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote