Music Banter - View Single Post - Mastodon
Thread: Mastodon
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #200 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
So it surprises me that there's not been much talk of the Jonah Hex Movie soundtrack that Mastodon released about a month ago. 4 songs, completely instrumental. Just had a listen and it's really good, but definitely a lot more subdued and atmospheric given the fact that it's an actual film score. Anyone who's interested hit me up.
It's pretty cool to hear them do something like that, but I like Mastodon with vocals waaay more than instrumental Mastodon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Blood Mountain is probably their most complete album, it has a better flow and consistency than Remissionand Leviathan. It really feels like you're on a journey going up Blood Mountain and meeting all these obstacles along the way. I love the really weird and different vibes the album has in places, like in 'Bladecatcher' and 'Sleeping Giant', it gives the album a real sense of depth.

Leviathan would be my next favourite, it just feels huge and completely bad-ass. It was also my first Mastodon album.
I'm not sure whether I like Leviathan or Crack The Skye more. Crack The Skye has awesome melodies and a pretty interesting theme, but a raw, sludgy album about sea creatures is pretty hard to beat.