Music Banter - View Single Post - Radio Jed
Thread: Radio Jed
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jedey
Veritas vos liberabit

Default Radio Jed

I'm going to do this like a free-form radio station using clips from YouTube, sometimes it'll be an eclectic mix sometimes there might be a theme sometimes I may say something about the tune sometimes I'll let the music speak for it self.

Radio Jed Is On The Air!

First up one of my all-time favorite rock instrumentals the one and only Santana with "Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's Smile)

Here's Ryan Bingham from his 2007 debut album "Mescalito" with "Southside Of Heaven". What do you get when you're too country for Nashville?...You get awesome.

I don't know what to say about Curtis Mayfield other than heed the advice in this song.

Here is one of the best guitarists you've may never have heard of, the great Roy Buchanan and his song "Five String Blues". Early on he breaks a string on the guitar and just plays through like nothing happened.

One of my all-time favorite musicians is John Coltrane, his album "Giant Steps" (title tune presented here) was recorded at virtually the same time as Miles Davis' "Kind Of Blue" of which Coltrane was an integral part, it's mind blowing that one artist could have so much music in him.

Last edited by Jedey; 08-08-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Jedey is offline   Reply With Quote