Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #89 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

#28: AFX: Analogue Bubblebath EP 1

This is AFX's (Aphex Twin) First release. It's quite odd, but I like it. You've got the nervous sounds of En Trance To Exit (Feat Schizophrenia) blaring in your ears, you've got the deranged Isopropophlex with it's claustrophobic sounds surrounding you, teasing you, almost, and then there's AFX 2 (Feat Schizophrenia), the nightmare inducing techno track, a track that I don't recommend listening to before you sleep. The last 3 tracks on this EP are quite dark, but the first track (Analogue Bubblebath 1) is beautiful, it's like his later track Pulsewidth with a whale-song-esque synth line over top of it. It's amazing, and if you've never heard this song, I recommend getting your butt onto Youtube and looking it up.

#27: Boards Of Canada: The Campfire Headphase

Though it's not their best, it's still a great album. I mean, everybody hated it at the release, but come on! you can't blame the brothers for wanting to try something new. They've been doing the same thing for almost a decade at the time of release, you really think they're going to repeat MHTRTC? No. That's boring. Give the brothers some love.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote