Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #90 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

#26: Lightning Bolt: Earthly Delights

Oh, how I loathe the term "Noise Rock". That's what my uncle calls my more avant garde music. It sounds so derogatory. IT doesn't really describe it that well at all because all music is noise, just some strains of rock are noisier than others. that doesn't mean that it's bad, but a lot of people do associate noise rock with terrible music. lightning bolt's Earthly Delights is far from terrible. I was recommended this by a few MB members and I love it so far. I've listened to it a billion times, and it's so good ! The Drummer on this record is amazing, he's up there with Damon Che and Zach Hill. I am not a drummer, but I still respect him, Cuz he's nuts! My favorite song on the album is Nation Of Boar, because of how frantic and emotional the song is. Distortion to the max, bro!

#25: Mogwai: Mr. Beast

At first, i thought this album was Mogwai's weakest. It took me at least five listens to fully understand what this albums is about. In my opinion, this is a gloomy album, meant to be enjoyed on a cloudy, rainy, stormy day. Post rock is meant to be gloomy. One of my favourite songs on here is Team Handed and it is quite beautiful. it's very hard to explain, that song, though. you need to hear it to understand it. Friend of the night is another favourite from Mr. Beast, totally giving off that gloomy post-rock vibe.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote