Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #93 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

#24: Fuck Buttons: Tarot Sport

sorry, mods. it's not my fault they're called F*ck Buttons. But, despite the terrible name, this is a really good album. Sure, some people might find it noisy or abrasive, but I love it! It's drone music at it's best, with complicated layers and danceable tunes that go on for ten minutes but feel as if it was only four minutes long. Very few artists can accomplish that feat. Olympians and Flight Of The Feathered Serpent are easily the best songs on this album. This is one of my favourite albums of '09, and if you have yet to hear it, go get it now!

#23: Foals: Antidotes

I loved this album. From the dancey mathy rawk tunes to the atmospheric qualities of tracks like Big Big Love (Fig. 2) and Like Swimming, this is a great album. I remember hearing this for the first time in 2008 and thinking it was the best thing ever. I remember being SOOO exited for Total Life Forever, but then they dropped the math part of their ego and went on to be an ordinary indie band. That made me really mad. they completely ruined their unique edge. Screw you, foals, Screw you.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote