Music Banter - View Single Post - Radio Jed
Thread: Radio Jed
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jedey
Veritas vos liberabit

The music of the 50's will be in the mix but first no radio show would be complete without a kick arse theme, "Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?".

Here's a song that changed Rock 'n' Roll forever, young John Lennon told Paul McCartney he could join his band because Pauly knew all the words to "Twenty Flight Rock" by Eddie Cochran.

The great Robbie Krieger black-eye video, there are three stories floating out there on what happened.

1) Robbie & Jim were jumped by rednecks for having long hair, Jim ducked and Robbie got clocked in the eye.

2) Robbie was in a car crash and hit his head on the dash.

and my fave.

3) Jim hated the Robbie penned "Touch Me" and slugged him the eye for having to sing it, ironically working title for the song was "Hit Me".

I've been digging this song from Band Of Horses lately. "Laredo".

Richmond Fontaine's "You Can Move Back Here" From the album "We Used to Think the Freeway Sounded Like a River"

One of the great harp players in Chicago Blues was Little Walter with sage advice to "Mellow Down Easy".

Legend has that Jimi Hendrix was asked what it was like to be the worlds greatest guitarist, Jimi answered I don't know you would have to ask Phil Keaggy...OK urban legend has it...but still Phil Keaggy is one of the greatest ever.

Last edited by Jedey; 08-27-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Jedey is offline   Reply With Quote