Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 funniest films
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Default Top 5 funniest films

I know we have a favourite movies thread, but I thought it'd be kind of nice to know people's funniest films. I feel when it comes to favourite films, people have to give films with a bit of substance and films that are thought provoking, there are some comedies that can have both. But I feel like everyone loves a good comedy, but they often get overlooked. It's so hard to make a good comedy, because the script has to be right. Otherwise it's not just a bad movie, it's a bad movie that's not only bad, but it can be desperate for laughs and in some cases offensive. So when I find a genuinely hilarious film I love them.

1) The Big Lebowski - weird, quirky, mistaken identity, idiosyncratic characters, the ashes scene, the fact 'The Dude' doesn't bowl ONE ball, and an interesting plot all make for a very funny film indeed.
2) Borat - The shock factor of this film just made it really special. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it probably doesn't stand up when you view it more than once, but watching it in the cinema was just unbelievable.
3) Anchorman - One of the most quotable comedies ever? - Oh Ron, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you.
4) Shaun of The Dead - One of the least funny films on the list, but I thought it was great.
5) Happiness - Sick. Some might say offensive and desperate, but I thought it was a tremendously funny film.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote