Music Banter - View Single Post - Put Your Shades On, It's Goth Rock Week!
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

I actually listen to a fair amount of Goth Rock, I feel the genre gets a bad rep it doesn't deserve. Most people judge the genre by it's fans, who are very annoying. I love how dark it i and really it's just a more extreme version of most Post-Punk.

I did a journal entry on Bauhaus a while back, I love them to death. Such a great band. Here is Bela Lugosi's Dead often hailed as "the song that invented Goth Rock".

Fields Of The Nephilim are one of the most underrated bands ever. Elizium is one of the best albums of the 90s. This song is named Psychonaut and was on another album but remains my favourite song.

The Damned were one of my favourite first wave Punk bands, then a few years down the line became one of my favourite Goth Rock bands. This is Curtain Call, from The Black Album.

Swans are one of the most versatile artists of all time, everything they did was great no matter what genre it was. Their Goth album Love Of Life is one of their best releases. There are elements of Goth Rock in more of their releases but this is the main one.

Although Dead Can Dance are technically Darkwave their debut is Goth Rock so i'll include a song from there on here. It doesn't touch their later stuff mind,which is what makes them such a fantastic band.

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry are such a great band, so underrated. This should give them some more exposure. This is from their album Talk About The Weather, get it now!

I didn't include stuff like The Banshees and The Cure cause everybody knows them, but seriously Goth Rock is an outstanding genre and one of my favourites, listen to more Goth Rock!
James is offline   Reply With Quote