Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #699 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

This is one from a while ago, I gave it 2 listens and thought that it wasn't anything special. If I recall rightly, the lyrics never really drew me in. I heard it was a headphones looking at the walls wishing everything was better type of album, but I never thought the lyrics were particularly thought provoking. I'm actually going to give it another listen now, I recently listened to American Football - S/T recently after deciding a while ago it wasn't anything special, not I really like it. It definitely deserves another chance, but I never got how people thought it was so emotional. The melodies seemed nice enough, but nothing really emotional. Again, this is just me trying to remember from a while back. *Opens Spotify*

EDIT: F*cks sake, I might have to eat my own words. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than last time. 'Tell Me' is a beautiful song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Prog folk is a real genre but I don't think she qualifies.
Yeah, I thought that it may have been. Indie-Prog is a genre as well, I actually like one Indie-Prog band - The Decemberists. What do you think of Indie-Prog?

Last FM

Last edited by TheCunningStunt; 08-09-2010 at 03:51 PM.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote