Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #700 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
On Fire is one of the most beautiful, melancholic and emotionally-raw albums i've ever heard. I never get sick of listening to this album, it just sounds so captivating. You can really feel the pain and loneliness in Dean's voice at times, his voice sounds strange at first but you really grow to love it after a few listens and it just draws you in. I love his guitar style as well, it's simple yet effective and really adds to the melancholic tone of the album. Niaomi and Damon provide a really solid rhythm section throughout and even Niaomi's lead vocals on 'Another Day' sound really haunting and beautiful.

Let's simply put it this way, it's not an album you'd put on at a party. This is an album you should listen to on your own in your room, with headphones, staring at the walls or out the window and just wishing your life was better than it is. If you can listen to it that way you'll see how great it really is.
couldn't have said it better, fabulous album and band.
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote