Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #702 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
This is one from a while ago, I gave it 2 listens and thought that it wasn't anything special. If I recall rightly, the lyrics never really drew me in. I heard it was a headphones looking at the walls wishing everything was better type of album, but I never thought the lyrics were particularly thought provoking. I'm actually going to give it another listen now, I recently listened to American Football - S/T recently after deciding a while ago it wasn't anything special, not I really like it. It definitely deserves another chance, but I never got how people thought it was so emotional. The melodies seemed nice enough, but nothing really emotional. Again, this is just me trying to remember from a while back. *Opens Spotify*

Yeah, I thought that it may have been. Indie-Prog is a genre as well, I actually like one Indie-Prog band - The Decemberists. What do you think of Indie-Prog?
Prog folk is a super broad term, some might overlap it with psych folk like Incredible String Band but its often used to refer to groups like Comus, Roy Harper, Fairport Convention, the kinda folk that Zep was all crazy about and often had a medieval/folklore vibe to it. It often applies the same ideas of prog rock in a folk context. Jethro Tull are often referred to as prog folk, and they are sometimes but they often blur the lines between folk and rock.

Decemberists are also called a prog folk band sometimes. Indie prog? I thought that's what math rock and post rock were. What would you consider indie prog?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote