Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #3972 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
So you're affectivvely saying computers are harder to play well, than instruments?
If so, no, and I ask you to actually try to learn one before making ridiculous statements.
If you listen to some of aphex twin's faster music, you'll notice how complex it can be. imagine how long that took to make, and get all of the samples and manipulate them. It's not like he just presses a button and "Green calx" is played through the machine. no. he has to program everything so it'll come out just perfectly. and plus lots of electronic musicians play a lot more instruments than just drum machines. Aphex Twin plays the piano, Boards of Canada's members are multi-instrumentalists, and i bet Amon Tobin plays a lot more instruments than I do. I'm also saying that some metal elitists only like it when songs are "br00tal" and have faster guitar playing than whatever you listen to, sacrificing musical enjoyment for a song that's got better guitar playing than whatever you listen to. If I wanted to be impressed by somebody's guitar playing, than I'd go on youtube and look up "Wicked Guitar Playing".
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote