Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie Bar Brawls: Music V Lyrics
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Indie Bar Kid
In Original Packaging

Default The Indie Bar Brawls: Music V Lyrics

OK, here’s the deal: to make me feel self-important each week, Im going to run this little series of polls. I’ll invite two of musics conflicting forces into my Indie Bar, stick a few Indie Beers into them and toss them into the gladiatorial death-ring that is this forum. It’s just like, well, every, Kings Of Leon song, but minus the 16 year old cousins who “consented with their eyes, Your Honour”, although I will try and get some arranged for next week They have a week to spar it out and whoever has the most votes reigns as the Indie Bar Champion. All clear?

Good, well we’re gonna start with the biggest topic I could think of: Music vs. Lyrics. The age old question that dates back to when Neanderthal singers would fight that their “ughs” were considerably better than the lead stone player’s riff (acoustic stone, obviously, since the electric hadn’t been invented yet)…Which makes or breaks the song? Which are you listening for? Are you pricking your ears to Paige or Plant, Morrissey or Marr, Hawkins or Hawkins (well Ok the answer hear is clearly “ but how can you choose between those two geniuses?”…ahem). So who’s bloody corpse will I be cleaning out of my bar? YOU DECIDE: MUSIC OR LYRICS??
We must sing
We must sing

We must sing

I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEATH AND GLORY....
And Im so clever But clever ain't wise
The Indie Bar Kid is offline   Reply With Quote