Music Banter - View Single Post - Cursive
Thread: Cursive
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #78 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
Pretty big bump...but oh well. Cursive is my favorite band at the moment (one of my favorites of all time), so I felt the need to post in their thread.

I would say my three favorite Cursive releases are Ugly Organ, Burst and Bloom EP, and Domestica. The pre-Domestica stuff is great, and so is Mama, I'm Swollen. Happy Hollow....ehh. I can do without.

Such a great live band. INCREDIBLE. I saw them recently for the third time at the Concert for Equality, and Tim completely blew me away. Such an incredible performance with a near-perfect setlist. So amazing.

Ugly Organ definitely ranks at the top for me. Probably my favorite album of all time.
I saw them on tour for The Ugly Organ, they were indeed great. For me it's that album or Domestica. I was pretty disappointed in Mama, I'm Swollen really. The first time I played it, I thought it was good, but I was disappointed more with each listen. I liked Happy Hollow better, even though it felt too long. Some pre-Domestica stuff is good, musically, but the vocals were too cringe-inducing.