Music Banter - View Single Post - Vanilla's Eargasms
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

I have four songs I want to review:

Marilyn Manson - Disassociative

This song makes you actually feel as though you are losing all control, it's depressive suggestion of your body shutting down and everything is falling apart around you.

Manson really shows his talent with this song, it has emotion, intensity and he finds a way of showing a inner dark side in a manner which isn't clichéd like some of his other music. Personally this is one of my favourites of his, along with another of his album Mechanical Animals - Coma White

I relate to this song's lyrics ridiculously, I feel as though he's writing about me which is what everyone says I suppose! This song sums up my depression, when I've been ill and lonely. On the outside I often appeared happy and friendly but inside I was dying, I just wanted to pop pills and sleep. I kind of did. It's got a real eerieness to it, the music is almost soft at some points which then blasts at the chorus describing the way drugs make the 'girl' feel. Very haunting and real.

Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime

This song has a milky flow to it, Adrian has an incredible voice which is soft, almost suited for a position in the Lazy Sunday compilations. It's a song that always makes me feel relaxed and is best heard in the sunshine. I actually discovered it off the Clubbers Guide to 2010 so well worth a listen.

Placebo - For What It's Worth

Sexy mothering effing riff, sensual vocals and a drowning song to bring you back to reality. Kind of reminds me slightly of Lou Reed (only very slightly). This song to me should probably be in the eargasm thread but I wanted to recommend it. It's kind of describing to me for a person you like that you just want to fire them up. In the middle it sort of fades out to a random sega tune and rides back up again to break it up a bit. Normally that might annoy me but I think it gave the song more distinction.

My reviews might not make that much sense, I'm no expert, but I like describing how they make me feel and why they might be worth a listen to.