Music Banter - View Single Post - Antonio's Music Dumping Ground
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

SONGS I'M DIGGIN'
The Skatalites ft. Jackie Opel-Old Rocking Chair

This week was a bit of a toss up. Really, i was set for some time on putting a Motley Crue song up here, as I was listening to four of their albums in the past week, but i had a change of heart at the last second. I'd then had the urge for some Dinosaur Jr. as well as some other artists i've been wanting on here for a while, but in the end i wasn't feeling these tracks at the time. so, while i was just mucking around on my music player, this song came up, and in the end i was like "eh, what the hell?"

SO...if you're asking if i just drew straws when it came to this week's song, then yes. Yes i did . It doesn't make it any less of a great song, though.

But anyway, this song was one that i've really loved for months, since i first heard it back in April. This song is from (at least from where i got it) The Skatalites' Greatest Hits record, Foundation Ska, and is a nice little piece featuring singer Jackie Opel, who has a damn distinctive voice with plenty of soul to go around. I really love the combination of the vocals with the instruments, especially with the guitar. In a way, with the lines the guitarist pulls, you really want to hear more, not just in this song.

The quality of the vid is a bit wonky, but that's because it's playing directly off of vinyl. still for a really classic song like this, wouldn't you want it that way?

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 06-04-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote