Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #4016 (permalink)
Eggman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
The sound of rock, whatever you want to define that as, has definitely changed over the years, but considering that there's a basic framework in every song that has at least some basis in music released 30-50 years ago, please, enlighten me: what music do you listen to? I can already tell by the way you talk about how Nirvana is the only good grunge band (hahahaha) and that you think Trapt was, at any point, good (pff), that you might have tastes that are, at least in my eyes, totally lacking, but still. Curious.
By "classic rock", I mean the typical "idols" and well-known artists of pre-90's music, such as Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, etc. It's not that I don't enjoy them. I just don't go out of my way to listen to them. I used to love all of them, but that was only a musical "phase" for me.

My frequent plays are (but not limited to) Bright Eyes, the pAper chAse, St. Vincent, Xiu Xiu, Cursive, The Octopus Project, The Decemberists, Fair to Midland, Porcupine Tree, and much music that makes up the Denton, Texas, music scene.

As for Nirvana, they were the only grunge band I ever got into. Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam only mildly interested me.

And the Trapt thing was me grabbing at what I used to listen to. I still think it's a good album, and would listen to it all the way through, but not more so than once every few months, probably. It just doesn't come to mind that often.

http://last.fm/user/mdeAnr
Eggman is offline   Reply With Quote