Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #12643 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Well good choice with the headphones (I'm going to assume you'll be listening to it on your iPod or something). Um other than that have fun and enjoy the ride. I really hope the hype doesn't kill it for you though, I know I really enjoyed that album, but there are plenty of albums out there that are widely praised by everyone and I'm left thinking that a bowl of mushy peas would have been better.

Another question... how did you find that post? Seriously I got that album like 9 or 10 months ago!
Yeah, I listened to it with good headphones and I did really enjoy the album. I'll need to hear it again though because I was a little inebriated on the walk. In fact, my dog tried to bolt after another dog and we both went tumbling - that probably wouldn't have happened if I was sober. This also explains how I found your post - the idea of listening to Cobalt popped into my head because I often get a craving for black metal on hot nights for some reason. Then I remembered your rave reviews/mentions of the album from way back (and your Gin avatar) so I did a search just so I could reference one of your posts about it - another thing that I probably wouldn't have bothered with if I was completely sober.

Lately I'm really digging the way Americans are bending and stretching the definition of Black Metal and Gin is another example of this I guess. I don't think I've heard any metal album that sounds like it - and I can see why it's well loved. I definitely see more Cobalt in my future