Music Banter - View Single Post - Those Were The Days (Member Pics From The Past)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #218 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I wish my grandpas weren't dead. One was just a substitute grandpa.. the original one died when my dad was 18. But the substitute was ok. He just sat around watching baseball. That's it. In fact, I can't even remember him ever saying anything at all. He just watched games. He stroked and died when I was about 8 I think.
Then my other grandpa, the one on my mom's side, the only thing I remember from him is him giving me a piece of bologna. It was my first balogna experience and he was too drunk to think about taking off the plastic part. I almost choked.
He croaked from a heart attack when I was about 6.

Man, how come I got stuck with lame grandpas that don't throw bricks at people and just die before I'm old enough to get some kind of good memory out of them?
i'm not sure how rare your experience is. my moms' dad was senile since i met him and he died when i was 12. my dads' dad is interesting but manages to make every conversation awkward. i probably see him once a year.