Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #110 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I just made this, and it was fucking delicious:

Garlic & Rosemary Pork Chops with Balsamic Vinegar
Standard kind of dish I guess, but I didn't have a recipe for it. I just remembered my older sister making the same type of thing, but with pork tenderloin and on a grill.. So I made some changes and just went with my gut.

You need:
- Boneless pork chops
- Olive oil
- Onions
- Garlic
- White wine (even cooking wine will work)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Rosemary

This is what I did, and what you should definitely do ASAP:
(Serves: one hungry motherfucker, or two slightly hungry motherfuckers)

- Prepare 2 medium thickness boneless pork chops with fresh ground peppercorn and salt, both sides. Set aside.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and put it on medium-high heat. I use extra virgin olive oil. Don't use that Canola or vegetable oil crap. That shit is for frying chicken at Popeyes.
- Chop up a slice of onion (so that you end up with about a palm full of chopped onion), and 3 to 4 cloves of garlic. I used 3, but you can go with 4 if you want. I was just lazy.
- Throw your chopped onion and garlic in the skillet and brown them. It should only take about 3 minutes or so. Don't scorch them... just get them on their merry little way.
- When the onion/garlic is browned, your skillet will be looking like it needs a little hydration. It does. Put the white wine in. Not so much that you could make a soup out of it... just a couple sips worth. From now on, any time your little concoction looks like it needs hydrating, you use the white wine.
- Immediately add some Rosemary to the skillet. Now... I never measured it, but if you've ever used Rosemary in anything, you know you can definitely use too much. If you haven't, grab a medium sized spoon out of your kitchen drawer and fill it with Rosemary. That's about how much you'll need.
- Shake your skillet around like Emeril Lagasse and let things simmer for about a minute. After this minute is up, you're ready to burn the pig.
- Ensure that you're cooking at medium high, then MOVE YOUR ONION/GARLIC TO THE SIDE. What I did was put them on one side and move that side sort of off the burner, so they don't get burnt. Now toss the pork chops in. What you want to do is almost sear each side. After a couple minutes, check the under-side of the pork chops... if it's white with a little brown burn on it, flip it over and do the same thing.
- Once the pork chops are semi-seared, reduce the heat to medium low and add your Balsamic vinegar. How much? I dunno... between 1/8th and 1/4th of a cup.
- Stir all that goodness up and let the chops simmer on medium low heat, COVERED, until they're thoroughly cooked. By the time they're cooked, you shouldn't have a bunch of watery soup. If you do, you need to reduce it so that it's something you can pour over the pork chops. If you reduce, take the pork chops out and let the water evaporate out while simmering uncovered.
- Serve the chops on a plate and pour the onion/garlic/balsamic reduction over the top of the chops.

I ate them by themselves, but this would go good with mashed potatoes. A good idea if serving with mashed potatoes would be to increase the amount of balsamic and wine after you've taken the chops out, adding some chicken broth, and some flour into the skillet to make a gravy that can be poured over the chops and potatoes.

Anyway, that is some tasty shit.
You should make it.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote