Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #7658 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Rented more movies since theres not much else to do when it is 104 out.

Cool Hand Luke

I've watched this bazillions of times, but its been a while and I felt the need to see it again. Its got to be one of my all-time favorites. Paul Newman's character is so powerful and charismatic, he plays it so well. My favorite part of the movie is watching the change take place in the other inmates when they go from rejecting him to having their world revolve around him. You can't help but fall in love with the man. And that egg scene is legendary. Everytime I watch this show, I always walk away from it wanting to be more like Luke.
10/10

Crazy Heart

I have to say it was better than I expected. Jeff Bridges made a good cowboy, expecially since he did his own vocals for the movie which impressed me. That definitely take some guts. I always enjoy the 'I'm washed-out and getting old and miserable' type movie. It reminds me a lot of The Wrestler only with the music industry. I wasn't blown away by any means though.
7/10

The Savages

I picked this one up blindly and hoped for the best. Its one of the best movies I've seen in a VERY LONG TIME. Its so real. Its so fresh. Its just life and how terrible and how great it can be. This movie really takes on pretty tough dark subject and shines light on it in a way that opens your eyes and hits you deeply. There were some really powerful scenes in this movie. The chemistry between the characters was unreal. Such a fresh smart movie, I think everyone should see it. And strangely enough I never heard it advertised or anything before.
Here is one of my favorite quotes from the movie when they are arguing about their father's nursing home.
Jon Savage: People are dying, Wendy! Right inside that beautiful building right now, it's a ****ing horror show! And all this wellness propaganda and the landscaping, it's just there to obscure the miserable fact that people die! And death is gaseous and gruesome and it's filled with **** and piss and rotten stink!
100/10

Wendy and Lucy

I couldn't move during this whole movie. My eyes were glued. The ending ripped my heart out. I literally sobbed. Its amazing how invested you can get into a character.
10/10
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote