Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #7659 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
Rented more movies since theres not much else to do when it is 104 out.

Cool Hand Luke

Crazy Heart

The Savages
100/10

Wendy and Lucy
I couldn't move during this whole movie. My eyes were glued. The ending ripped my heart out. I literally sobbed. Its amazing how invested you can get into a character.
10/10
I've never seen ANY of these movies, Flower Child...but I will definitely look for "The Savages" and "Wendy and Lucy" at our library. It is hard not to want to see a movie that someone gives 100 out of 10 points!

I wonder how I'd react to Cool Hand Luke. Maybe a little sad, because I've always thought my dad looks a bit like Paul Newman. Handsome devil!

Say, your affection for these rustic men in movies makes me wonder if you ever read the novel called The Virginian? The Virginian (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It was my mom's favorite romance book when she was younger (and so I read it, of course) and features this stoic kind of loner man who has a very steady and deep love for the woman in his life, though the main focus appears to be his own character development. I thought maybe you might like this book because you seem to like movies and songs with a strong, clear feeling to them, and men who are a mixture of strength and expressiveness. Also, it's an old book (1902) and you seem to appreciate history!

The latest movie I've seen is "Candleshoe" with Jodie Foster (1977):
She was one tough kid! The movie wasn't as scary and good as I remember it being back when I was a kid, but I still liked it.
7/10

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote