Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #188 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
Yann Tiersen is god and my own personal savior. I've been following his career since a stumbled across his brilliant performance of his one man show at Gallic music festival in his native Brittany France in 1997. Yann had a spiky punk hairdo and was dressed in a Ramones t-shirt and black Converse high tops. He played his strange otherworldly interpretations of French folk music on a succession of odd musical instruments like toy piano, carillon, banjo, mandolins, violin, electric guitar, harpsichord, vibraphone, xylophone, squeeze box, typewriter, ondes martenot and melodica. Most of his battered musical instruments looked like objects he purchased at second hand shops and flea markets.

Yann was bounced in and out of a number of prestigious French musical in the early 90s before he developed his own unique signature style. Yann is the musical equivalent of a dumpster diver because he can transform an old milk container or discarded hubcap into a musical instrument.
I'm convinced. You've seen it all, Gavin.

By reading your description of him I've decided that if I were an artist I would want to be a lot like him.

He really limits himself in no way and has so much individuality. Its so hard to comprehend how someone could create such a complex and amazing piece of music in their head like that. His imagination must be unreal. I really wish I had that gift.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote