Music Banter - View Single Post - Lucid Dreams
Thread: Lucid Dreams
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Dom
Music Addict

Default Lucid Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik van Eeden (1860–1932).

A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes it is a dream, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state, with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.
Lucid dreaming has always been an area of interest for me, and since the film 'Inception' it's popularity has boosted. The idea of being able to control dreams to me is just amazing and so recently I've decided to make a real effort to try it, so I'm trying to better my dream recall.

So can anyone here lucid dream? Or is anyone else trying?

No more stories / are told today / I'm sorry / they washed away // No more stories / the world is grey / I'm tired / let's wash away.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote