Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #2899 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Oh yeah, thats how i feel about Cattermole. He can be vital to us when hes available for selection but he was suspended so frequently last season that we never really managed to get the Cana/Cattermole partnership establoished. Together they could have been an absolute rock in the middle but when Cattermole wasn't suspended, Cana was. Now Cana is gone and we don't really have another Cattermole-like option in the middle so I was hoping to see him available more than last season. I guess if you take that part of his game away from him though then you lose everything that he gives you, in terms of determination and drive and quite frankly aggression.

Stoke are just full of ex Sunderland players now. It's ridiculous. Kenwyne CAN be unplayable when he's on it, he can be absolute class. But those games don't come around so often. Keane seemed to love the guy but Bruce just never seemed impressed, especially with his work rate. I have no ill feeling toward Jones at all but i have to admit, it did tickle me a bit to see that he went off injured just minutes into his Stoke debut.

I'm looking forward to Monday night too, Stunt. I'm looking forward to seeing your lot welcoming the Toon back to the Premiership with style.
Our gritty type Keano player is Fletcher, I think he's an outstanding footballer. Not just because he's a work horse, but because he has a footballing brain as well. I resent Hargreaves so much, because a fit Hargreaves in 2007 was one of the best 5 CDMs in the world. Having him AND Fletcher, both injury free would be amazing. For them big games where you need 2 CDMs to shield the back 4 and let the attacking players get forward. Hargreaves

I kind of liked Kenwyne, because the few occasions he wanted to do it - he did it. I thought he was a good footballer for a midtable team, but Bruce never warmed to him. B*stard scored an equaliser at OT last season. F*cking Foster.

I don't think we'll welcome them back with style, I think it will be a workman like performance. 2-0 hard fought win. But they'll want to come back with a bang.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote