Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #135 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

woah, I haven't posted here for a bit. I kinda got sidetracked with my dog getting sick and going to the vet and stuff.

anyways:

#11: Boards Of Canada: MHTRTC

Ah, yes, Music Has The Right To Children, the album that started the Twoism and WATMM forum obsession. (Just in case if you didn't know, Twoism is a forum where lonely 20-30 year olds go on about how amazing Boards Of Canada is and how they revived IDM and blah blah blah.) well, they have a reason for the obsession. It's one of my favourite albums. Music Has The Right... starts off with the 70's documentary-esque Wildlife Analysis, which quickly fades into An Eagle In Your Mind, one of THE BEST trip-hop tracks I've ever heard. There's something about it that reigns supreme over any of the songs on Portishead's album Dummy. It's just so... desolate, yet beautiful. But this album isn't just sweet trip-hop and old documentaries, this album can get pretty damn creepy. The Colour Of The Fire, for example. It's one of the creepiest tracks I've ever heard, EVER! you've got a creepy backing track to a creepy girl saying "I love you". After that, you've got the awesome-est song on the album, Telephasic Workshop. It features a hypnotic synth line with cut-up vocal samples. I could swear to god one voice is going "bacon... bacon bacon..." in the background. a few of my other favourites are Rue The Whirl, another great trip-hop track. Aquarius, the 12th song on the album, is possibly the oddest song I've ever heard. You've got kids giggling and going "Yeah, That's Right!" while a man and a woman exclaim "ORANGE!". after a bit of "ORANGE!"es and "Yeah, That's Right!"s, a woman starts counting. If you don't believe, look it up and see! this album has a very childish and nostalgic flair to it, and has deemed itself worthy to be on this list. Yeah, I'm a BOC nut, but who cares! there are millions of aphex fanboys out there who are ten times worse.

Also:
I AM ONLY DOING THESE ONE AT A TIME NOW FOR THE TOP TEN. OKAY?
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote