Music Banter - View Single Post - A new avid music collector enters the fold
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
sixshooter500
Groupie

Default A new avid music collector enters the fold

Hey, my name is David and i collect music. I've been listening to all types of music for years and have learnt just how awesome music is. I often listen closely to intimate details of each album trying to see which instruments are doing what and how well.

I'm espically in love with all things metal and it that catogory it the faster the better, but also have a special place for the melodic sounds found in metal. Which is excellent for cradle of filth who is both fast and melodic. Anyway i came here because i believe arrogantly enough that my opinion matters and because i want to help listeners understand what they are getting out their product when they by an album.

I do this because i've come to understand one thing. It's good to be surprised, it's even good to get what your not expecting. But if you really want one sound, such as the speed and complexity of the Metallica album "Master of puppets" and you buy Metallica's album "load" which has a completely differnent sound you may be so bitterly disappointed that you'll hate songs on the load album which you might have otherwise liked and therefore miss out on what might have been to you great music.

Finally the number one reason i'm here is that i have a passion for music. Because i love music so much i want to come to place filled with likeminded individuals who also feel and understand just who i am and what i like cause they too will have a passion for music. One final note, i despise britney spears, justin beiber, Nsync, Norah Jones and countless others that the record labels try to force down our throats instead of giving the listener what he/she really wants, which is quality music in whatever their genre of choice maybe.
sixshooter500 is offline   Reply With Quote