Music Banter - View Single Post - An Unstable List of Zarko's Top 75 Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Gustav Holst – The Planets

Okay, this entry is more about the story behind this amazing album I suppose. I had adored this composition since my year 12 heyday, but the adoration reached an apex early this year, and best represents this epic piece. As I was fairly accustomed to, I was passed out at a mates place at 3AM whilst a few of my mates powered on. By all accounts, an hour had passed before my ears started twitching. What was that I heard? Is that the Bringer of Jollity pulsating through my brain cavity? Holy fucking shit, it is... Screw sleeping, this music is better than 50 energy drinks combined. It was as if I had slept for half a day as I went bounding through the house to where the system had been set up, and to the surprise of my mates, started ‘re-enacting’ Jupiter. They had left me for dead, but with new found vigour I powered on, not only through the key Planet songs, but enough albums for the sun the rise. The power of music... Whodathunkit? Either way, not much else to say, Jupiter and Mars are the definite stand outs here.
A very out-of-character comment on a piece of classical music from me, but Mars kicks the crap out of me. If it's being performed live by a full orchestra it's hard to think of anything else that can so easily send shivers up the spine.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote