Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #4959 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

Fursaxa - Mycorrhizae Realm

Avant-Folk/Drone

One listen through, and my initial reaction is: "awawawawawawawawawawaw this is by far one of the most amazing things I've heard this entire year!!!". Of course I can't quite judge it yet, but I doubt this opinion is going to fade or diminish... "Charlote" and "Well of Tuhala" in particular are absolutely entrancing. The last few minutes of "Charlote" where the strings begin rolling up and down with the fading voices are frighteningly good. The artists managed to encroach so much terrain that is usually sworn off by albums of this genre, and it advances beyond sadness and blissfulness to create its own stylistic 'boundaries'. For instance, the final track "Ode to Goliards" is the perfect goodbye, and the sentiments of the farewell wrapped up inside of it feel infinitely more pure and believable than they would have been anywhere else.

For the record, I tried not to be so wordy about defining how this album's sound comes across... But this album calls for a lot of flowery diction, just in order to try to do it justice. Oftentimes, great albums leave me speechless. But here, there is so much to talk about and decipher. It's a very open and all-embracing album, that frequently conjures up vivid landscapes in my head, produces emotional feedback, and anything else you'd demand of a good album... All on one, surface-value listen.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote