Music Banter - View Single Post - Antonio's Music Dumping Ground
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

SONGS I'M DIGGIN'
Marcy Playground-Poppies

Hey everyone, i know it's been a while since i've posted more than just these weekly segments, but with this being the last week before i start classes and all, there has been a number of loose ends to tie up and things that needed to get done. but don't worry, i'll have some more stuff up in due time. so for now, enjoy the song of the week from Marcy Playground.

I recently got my hands on two of this band's cds, titled Marcy Playground and Shapeshifter, and this song comes from the former. any of you 90's alt-rock fans may recognize these guys as the same band who spawned the hit "Sex and Candy", and while that in itself is a really good song, i'd like to give this week to a lesser heard tune and one that's personally one of my favorites that i've heard. I will also say that for the record both albums are damn good listens and really worth your time if you're interested.

this song's an upbeat little number with some catchy guitar lines and singing that brings you back to that nice little midway point in 90s music between grunge and bubblegum pop where bands weren't afraid to mix a bit of musicality with a pop sensibility and a positive feel. In the end, this song isn't something that you have to over-think or something that feels brainless, it's something in between that goes down smooth.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 06-04-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote