Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #634 (permalink)
The_Mop
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammetal7 View Post
What makes a band true metal? is the definition of true metal made by a secret elitist group that has a graph that bluntly states what is true metal and what is not? or is it a term that means something different to everyone? or to put it simple, an opinion.
Well, heh, that's why I said 'tr00', as in, sorta taking the piss. I have a load of elitist metal mates and they piss me off massively. What I mean is that I know that slipknot are dually the most over-and-underrated band in metal - all the 'tr00 kvlt metuhlhedz' reject it because it's commercial, and the fanboys just can't stop screaming about them all the time.

Truth is, as far as I'm concerned, they're decent but nothing to really shout about.

As far as it goes for Gallows and Converge.... I don't really know. I've certainatly listened to noisier music (Locust and The Berzerker and Ladyscraper and such) so that's not the problem, but something about both of them just strikes me as being really unimaginative. Hard to put my finger on if I'm honest.
The_Mop is offline   Reply With Quote