Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Musical Reflections
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #95 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Ghost - Fefe Dobson

This isn't only "let me get your ass back." This is "I'm going to haunt you. You're never going to live this down."
Generic.

Why do I like this song?
It’s angry, it's sexy, it's a "girl's night out" kind of song, and I can respect that.

But the video’s crazy, and I think it fits perfectly with the song.
She basically makes him feel like he’s a nutcase, because she’s appearing and disappearing at unexpected times.

I like the part where he's scratching and scratching his arm. I thought maybe she had given him fleas! I also like the part where she's standing, bat-like, on the ceiling.

Like Mojo, I can't say this is my favorite song (too dancy for my tastes), but I did feel Fefe sang it well, Amandria. And it's sort of pleasurable to imagine a two-timing significant other can't get over you, ruining all his future relationships. But in reality, that's quite an awful thing if it happens, and it would be nice if she cared enough about the person to wish him well and encourage him to be honest next time about his feelings *before* he gets physical with someone else.

Is it just me, or do you and Fefe look a little alike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Aww haha, what a charmer, Erica.
Let him know that Wintersleep can be considered rock!
And that it's a very good song.
Tell him that I frowned and I almost cried, I really thought he'd like the song!
Oh, he can be very charming...just like me! But he has his rough edges, too, the little whippersnapper. We both have strong opinions and don't hesitate to share them.

He was wondering if you'd respond to his comments, so was glad to see that you did. I really think he likes mostly HARD rock, Amandria...grinding, fast-paced, rough. I hadn't expected such strong and distinct musical preferences in one so young...but that's how it is! Maybe post your favorite hard rock music video, and he'll give it a good review.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote