Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Cigarette Brand?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #122 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
I started the same way as most people really, being a teenager and surrounded by friends that smoked, giving into peer pressure and doing it just to be 'cool' i guess. Now i'm in my early 20's and i'd really like to kick the habit now so i won't be smoking for life but it's not exactly that easy. Smoking when out drinking is the big thing though, cigarettes and beer just go so well together. It's just a hard habit to kick.
Thanks for answering, Zero. I think you are very right that smoking is a very hard habit to kick for most people. One of my aunts who has smoked her whole life developed breast cancer and wanted to quit then, but she *still* couldn't get herself to do so, even after trying patches and all sorts of things. A person I talked with once online said that 25 years after quitting, he still smoked in his dreams!

I wonder sometimes if people who smoke perhaps think life should feel really fun and pleasant or stressfree, or expect themselves to be in a good mood, so it is hard to face the physical and psychological effects of withdrawal, which I hear are pretty bad.

I imagine that quitting does involve avoiding the situations that make one fall into old habits. It's funny though, how people are different, because I absolutely hate the taste of beer (and wine), so I'd never want to combine beer and smoking! It sounds like your fun night out would be my nightmare!

I like your post-it notes, by the way.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote