Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #3041 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
No Radiohead album is by many means complex, but quite a few are in fact derivative. Their first three, for instance. I mean, barely ever on OKC, granted, but the first two, were in fact very much so. The songwriting is barely more established or expansive on The Bends. Even the best moments on it are comparable to Pablo Honey sometimes, and I don't mean that in a condescending light, it's merely fact.

Pablo Honey simply isn't horrible enough to warrant such mass glaring in comparison to the others. Some Radiohead releases simply aren't much better.

Also, you say Amnesiac and Pablo Honey are 'on par' for their worst with Pablo lagging just behind, yet you also said " it's by far their worst record". Which is it? By far or just slightly?
Pablo Honey isn't horrible, I sometimes listen to it. But The Bends is a far better record, it's them as musicians and songwriters moving from a really simple record (Pablo Honey), into a more interesting record (Ok Computer.) The Bends is inbetween, and I think it makes for some brilliant listening. By far better than Pablo Honey.

They're both poor releases.

Ok Computer > Kid A > The Bends > Hail To The Thief > In Rainbows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amnesiac > Pablo Honey.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote