Music Banter - View Single Post - Bulldog's Armchair Guide To Elvis Costello
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #179 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
Good to see you up & about, Bulldog. Nice teaser for the new EC album. There's a whole slew of anticipated fall releases. Blonde Redhead has an October release and I'm purchased tickets to see them here in St. Louis in November. They've never done much touring in the states so I'm looking forward to that one.
I needed the break.

As you say, hopefully this'll be just one more of a load of great albums that have come out this year so far, nevermind ones that are still in the pipeline. From what I've heard, 2010's been a great year for new music, and with National Ransom, Grinderman 2 and the new Swans album yet to come, hopefully it's only gonna get better. Really looking forward to that Blonde Redhead album myself too, and the new Ryan Bingham one should be pretty interesting when it's out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedey View Post
Here in the US we have to wait until November 2.

The guest list is stellar Vince Gill, Jerry Douglas, Marc Ribot, Buddy Miller and Leon Russell
I'm into the work of Jerry Douglas, Leon Russell and especially Marc Ribot (one of my favourite ever guitarists). The rest I haven't heard of, but I gather their absolute legends in their musical circles.

As for the new songs apparently most, if not all of them have been unveiled on tour already. In fact, of the 15 tracks I've already heard 4 or 5 of them on bootlegs, seen live clips of them on youtube or whatever. There are a lot more newer songs I've come across that aren't on that tracklisting as well, nevermind the last two albums - the man's been insanely prolific this last 2 or 3 years, which is just fine by me really.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote