Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Cigarette Brand?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #126 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I love my Uncle loads, but he's a bit of an inconsiderate wanker at times. But meh, his house his rules I guess...

Your grandma sounds a bit mean.

Yeah, that study means AWAY from their kids. I.E when their kids are upstairs, they smoke downstairs. My mumsy has always blown the smoke outside.
I would never visit your uncle then or take a child there. If someone consistently does something that hurts me in pursuit of her or his own selfish pleasure, I just don't develop much love for that person.

And yes, my grandma was sometimes nasty and cruel. Not as bad as one of MY uncles, though. Even as a child, I think we hated each other. He was a smoker AND a hunter AND a racist. Now he's very ill though, which is too bad.

The study on kids exposed indirectly to smoke included mostly families in which no one ever smoked in the house: "Indirect exposure group (17 households): the mother smoked every day; all cigarettes were NOT smoked in the same room or in a car with an infant. In 14 of these 17 households, all cigarette smoking was done outside the house."

The study should have been improved by separating the indirect exposure group into two groups: those whose moms, like yours, smoked only outside the house, and those whose moms smoked inside the house but not in the same room as the children.

I agree that is a flaw in the study, but it still suggests that children such as yourself (when you were a child) whose moms smoked outside the house ended up with exposure to smoke and its harmful effects.

"Mumsy." That is so cute! I always wonder why we say mom instead of "mum" over here in the U.S.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote