Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
imrighterthanyouis
Account Disabled

i cant really just choose one.

metallica has always been one of my favorite bands, kill em all through master of puppets was pure musical genius...and justice for all was damn good, but not as much so as the previous. then came the black album and theyve lost my respect since then.

megadeth is a great band, i dont own a lot of their music, but i do own rust in peace, and that album is incredible. the solos are so long and technical, yet beautiful in that "thrashy solo" kind of way. i think that in a way dave mustaine did manage to outdo metallica in terms of technicality and especially in the fact that hes not a pussy sellout.

i love slayers' earlier work, but like megadeth, sadly i dont own much of their stuff. show no mercy however is probably my top "oldschool thrash" album of all time. great stuff.

then anthrax. honestly, i like anthrax, but i never felt that they deserved to be included in with these other three amazing bands, they always sorta lacked that musical edge and technicality that made the other bands what they were and the whole "rap metal" thing pretty much destroys any chance of respect. that said, among the living was a great album nonetheless.
imrighterthanyouis is offline   Reply With Quote