Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
I like this

They are obnoxious. I'm about to come off sounding like a callous bitch, but I'm so effing tired of everybody whining about how "depressed" they are and how they "should just kill themselves because nobody would care anyway". You know what? I wouldn't care. The world is much better off without needy little *******s crying out for the sake of crying out. That type of "give-me-attention-I'm-entitled-to-it" attitude makes me sick. I've had to deal with the death of a very close friend because he had an extreme case of bipolar disorder, but could not afford to pay for the medication. He blew his head off in a park. I was very, very sad and am sympathetic to situations like that-- where they seek help, but are denied it. I do not feel any sympathy for those who just give up, simply because they don't want to try anymore. That's lazy and cowardly. Nonetheless, this is an unwinnable argument, because this is based on opinions and feelings, so let's agree to disagree because I know you won't agree with this.
Well obviously I don't agree with that.
Being depressed is different for everyone. Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of people that "whine" about being depressed. But they either really need your attention because they ARE depressed and that's their way of looking for help... or they want your attention and are acting as if they are depressed and need help in some other way.
It's not lazy to give up, sometimes people just can't handle what they're dealing with.

Not everyone can be strong.
I know we're obviously disagreeing about this, but I honestly think you're being illogical.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.