Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
I believe I feel so strongly on the subject because I've been down that road. I wouldn't get out of bed for days, wished for death blah, blah, blah... I'm not sure when it happened anymore, but my dad started talking to me about exercising and eating right. My thoughts are if I, during my idiot teenage angst years, could start to recognize what I was doing to myself and my life and that I was going nowhere fast, anybody should be able. They say your higher reasoning and frontal lobe isn't fully developed until you hit your early to mid twenties, so if I was able to figure that out then, why can't fully grown adults see that now? They thrive off of the attention they are receiving (exceptions to the rule aside - ie. real sufferers of real depression) and you just keep giving in and feeding it to them. Why can't anybody function normally anymore? why do we need to take medication and constantly hold others' hands for them and pet them on their head like a pet doggy? what's next, an ass-wiping program?
Right, I completely agree with the first things you said. I just think some people get themselves so deep into their depression, they literally don't know how to function properly on their own. I've been down that path as well, and my parents did the same ****, and little by little, I started getting better.
But that doesn't mean the same things work for everyone, and it doesn't mean that the world would be better with the people who mope around and complain, they just need the same push we got. I think that's what's important.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.