Music Banter - View Single Post - My Musical Opinion
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeggcute :3 View Post
Ambient House - "A music genre that first emerged in the late 1980s, is a sub-genre of house music, combining elements of acid house and ambient music. Tracks in the ambient house genre typically feature four-on-the-floor beats, synth pads, and vocal samples integrated in an atmospheric style." (Wikipedia)

Nothing going on Saturday Mornings - what better time to talk about a couple of my favourite Ambient / Ambient House artists. I'm going to write just a small amount on Fluke and Biosphere. Ambient House isn't a genre that I follow religiously, but what I did find it was good for was for background music, especially if I'm working late into the evening (like I was last term for my exams.) A nice coffee and a Fluke album kept me going long into the evening :P
You like Fluke and Biosphere? Hats off to ya

I haven't listened to either of them for an age or two, but love what I've heard of them. Fluke's Puppy is certainly one of my favourite electronic albums of any kind from the last decade, to the point that I've been mulling over typing something up about it for my own journal. I'm pretty sure the phrase 'kick-arse' was patented to describe that album. Risotto's top-drawer stuff too.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote