Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #5011 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

Fursaxa - Mycorrhizae Realm

I've given this a good 4 listens now and it's wonderful. It's a very lush and organic album, full of nice psychedelic effects and lovely strummed guitar as well. Should've checked her out sooner! Clutnuckle, you were spot on about the album being able to elicit some vivid imagery/landscapes in your mind when you listen to it, I love psych-folk albums like this that manage to do that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
Some good choices, except I'm not familiar with Native Nod. I absolutely love that Gun Club album and Tinderstics in general. But I always find myself listening to their first album mostly, very rarely anything else. I don't know why. It's such a good album that it manages to satisfy my need for Tinderstics completely. Strange. I'll have to put on their second album, I haven't heard it in ages.
Well I've not listened to their first album yet, I have it now though and will be listening to it very soon. I'm really diggin' this second album though, the songs are very nicely arranged and I like the diverse instrumentation, and there's a definite vibe to the album which I'm really clicking with. I'm excited to hear the first album if you regard it as their best!
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote