Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Thank god I haven't plummetted to that level since.
Me and you both! I never got to the level either of you have, but then again I don't really know what it is I had.. or still have. I still have issues with anxiety and sometimes I have a couple days where I'll feel like I used to, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. I had issues with being social, issues with energy and sadness and pretty much a complete disregard for hygiene. I remember at one point I had worn the same socks for.. I don't even know how long. A month? Longer, shorter, couldn't tell you. I wore them outside so they were muddy and inundated with all kinds of who knows what. I do remember thinking I walked through water in the kitchen but it turned out to be dog piss. My response was "oh".. but somehow I still didn't change them. It didn't really phase me. I would just pick up clothes off the floor knowing they weren't clean, I wouldn't shower for weeks, and every time I got paid I pretty much just put in the bank and didn't really get anything. I didn't realize how bad it was up until a week or two ago when I saw an old picture of myself and it kind of brought it all back. Those were some ****ty times

EDIT: After doing some reading I found that

Quote:
Some become increasingly neglectful psychologically and physically, even to the point of neglecting basic hygiene
Which is a symptom of the "self deserting avoidant"; a mix of the Depressive and Avoidant personality disorders. So I guess it wasn't just Avoidant then. Well that answers a lot!

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 08-23-2010 at 06:21 PM.