Music Banter - View Single Post - The Coffee & Tea Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

my love affair with coffee started in the late 90s and i've pretty much had a cup a day everyday for the last decade. i normally make my own, with brown sugar and milk, too lazy to grind my own beans for now. a friend of mine is supposed to bring down some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee over the Christmas holidays, it's apparently the 2nd best stuff out there. we're not crazy (or rich) enough to try Kopi Luwak beans (they get eaten and pooped out by a small animal before being used to make coffee).

having said that I ABSOLUTELY ABHOR STARBUCKS!!! i'm not a die hard Tim's fan either (other Canadians know exactly what i'm talking about), i don't mind gourmet coffee shop action for a change either. what i do hate is not being able to order a simple black coffee at a place that sells itself as the trendiest coffee shop out there. the last time i gave money to starbucks there were 4 people behind the counter, i could smell the coffee but i couldn't figure out what combination of random words the guy at the counter wanted to hear so that i could just get a plain cup of coffee. apparently only 1 of the 4 people on staff actually drank real coffee and recognized what i was talking about.

plus the sizing terms are absurd - tall, grande, venti.... uhhh tall, large, and twenty? that's supposed to make sense?

as for iced coffee, it's pretty tasty when done right, then again i also like the Rockstar 'coffee' drinks. whatever you do, don't let it warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote