Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I was prescribed to it when I was in the psych ward, this was years ago though, I'd never heard of it beforeand they didn't tell me or my parents what the side effects were, nor did they have those freaky commercials that are on constantly. Patients were normally there for a week at max, you'd see the doctor, and he'd just write you a script.
years ago? aren't you only like 21? that's rather messed up that the ward would just dump pills on teenagers though i can't say i'm that surprised. aren't there stipulations about giving those medications to people over and under certain ages?

either way, it's not addressing any sort of root issue and only dealing with the surface symptoms, i'm talking in general again. there's no easy answer or course of action to finding personal peace (which for me, is 'the' cure for the majority of depression). it obviously doesn't apply to chemical imbalances in the brain, but how much of that is due to an actual natural imbalance and how much of it is due to drug use and/or abuse in attempts to control the behavior.

as harsh as this will seem the question needs to be asked of anyone who claims to have depression - do they actually want to get better? or do they just want everyone to notice how depressed they are? yeah, it might make me seem cold and heartless (i am) but ultimately i think that issue needs to be addressed first and foremost before anything worthwhile can progress. if someone wants to get better then they need to figure out if it's an emotional or physical issue and seek the appropriate treatment. pills will never fix an emotional issue no matter what a 'doctor' tells you - they're just people who spent WAY longer in school than the rest of us after all...

at the same time, wanting attention isn't bad or unnatural either, it's all about balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,